Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Fight for JUSTICE.






















Hi, it's me again (Eden). This time, I'm not going to ramble on about random stuff. Instead, I'm going to talk about one of the aspects of  Pug Puncher that I'm working on: combat.

It's still in the early stages of development, but I'm excited as to how everything is progressing.

Let me just say that Pug Puncher himself (or you the player playing as Pug Puncher) is going to kick some serious pug butt. The main combat mechanic will be punching of course. There hopefully will be more stuff added such as weapons, but as I said above, it's still early.

I've been able to get single punches and two punch combos working so far. That was surprisingly simple to do. I used animation layers to separate the two animations and set up a timer so that if the player presses the attack button twice quickly, both animations will play. If they don't press the attack button fast enough, then it's just plays the first animation. If you haven't guessed yet, we're working in Unity 3D.

I think that's a fun and cool little thing to have in a combat heavy game. Also, the combos make it look like the Batman Arkham games, which is pretty awesome if you ask me. Pug Puncher won't have a cape though; or a cowl; or the Batmobile. Just his fists, appropriately named Susan and Sarandon. Don't ask me about that one- that was all from our awesome writer, who wrote a hilarious script.

So yeah, that's combat so far. It'll be a lot deeper than that, I assure you. It was just that I was really excited to share what I've been working on.

Damn, now I want to drive the Batmobile. Unfortunately, I don't own one of those. One can always dream I guess.

Don't forget to check out our Facebook page. Also follow us on Twitter, we're @PugPuncher. You can follow me if you like too. I'm @GalacticGirlx2.

Peace out.

- This post was written by Eden, one of the programmers working on the Pug Puncher video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment